The challenges and rewards are greatest where two systems meet.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Now I'm "64"...

The Beatles are playing my song all year long.

"When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now
Will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out 'til quarter to three, would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four?
You'll be older too
Ah, and if you say the word, I could stay with you
I could be handy, mending a fuse when your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater by the fireside, Sunday mornings, go for a ride
Doing the garden, digging the weeds, who could ask for more?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four?"

   Yes, on January 5th I celebrated "The Day" with a ride around the lakes looking for eagles and other beauty to be found.
The ride was just right. Beginning with a ride around Laconia, I ended up at the Weirs. No birds but great changes in the weather and scenery.
Back home for lunch and a ride down to the Pemigewasset.

Great snow squall along Brook Rd.

Looking down the Pemi,
I found a lone Black Duck 
and a soaring Red-Tailed Hawk.

Walking deep in the hemlocks were 8 turkeys.

 Some of the photos now off to the Dominican Republic for my exhibit: "Nature Under Our Noses"

After delivering 25 photos to "The Courier", we went off on a great ride over the Kangamangus Highway.
 Too mountainous for Iceland but it felt like it.
Tallest Mountain in NH. Can you see the Weather Station?

Who waits for You? A greeting upon our return.

A Super Year so Far.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Barry. I'm glad you had such a nice day. I'm also glad you are blogging so I can see more of your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this birthday trip so much!

    ReplyDelete